Wednesday, October 1, 2014

GRAND CANYON RAFTING – A DOZEN LITTLE STORIES

 

Early in our recent rafting trip through the Grand Canyon, a fellow-rafter and amateur videographer saw me taking notes and asked why.

I told him that there were ways besides pictures to capture the Canyon. “Words can do it, too.”

“But,” he reminded, “a picture is worth a thousand words.”

“I know that’s what they say,” I replied, “but it depends on the words.”
Here are some of mine – a dozen little stories from one of the most sublime experiences of my life: eight days and seven nights immersed in one of the grandest spectacles on earth with 31 other people on two motorized rafts.

My wife and traveling partner, Eva, helped me with a few reminiscences. If my stories have mixed anything up, however, and you can trust me on this, the mistakes are mine.

CONTENTS



No comments:

Post a Comment